Reasons to contact a psychologist
Numerous reasons and symptoms might lead to a consultation with a psychologist:
- Lack of self-confidence, shyness, addiction, depression, anxiety and anguish, stress, phobia, OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder), mourning, eating disorder, sexual disorder, couple relations and marital conflicts, from individual or global point of view. A consultation might also concern a difficult separation or divorce, family problems concerning children, suffering at work and burn-out, psycho-traumas and other troubles.
- Concerning a child: child’s depression, failure at school, shyness, hyperactivity...
- Concerning a teenager: the risks linked to this period of his or her life and issues which may arise during this period and persist later: high-risk behaviour, suicide attempts, drug addiction, dietary disorders as anorexia nervosa and bulimic behaviour, heartache...
- Concerning a couple: couple relationship, marital conflicts, marital violence, jealousy problems, confrontation with children’s teenage years, their leaving the nest, separation and divorce, but also pregnancy and motherhood.
- Regarding a family: support for parenthood, family environment including grandparent problem, reconstituted family, same-sex parenting...
There are so many reasons for consultation. Through the climate of trust between the professional and his patient, the latter will find him or herself in the right conditions to evolve.
Contact our practice and initiate your evolution.